Extended Care Program 2017/18
We welcome you to our Extended Care Program at the German International School Washington D.C. (GISW). We are looking forward to a successful school year 2017/2018.
Our Extended Care Program is designed for students starting at the School Entry Level (SEL) through grade 9. We offer two classrooms for group activities and one additional classroom for completing homework assignments in a quiet environment. For additional information please visit the GISW web page at ACADEMICS > Elementary School > Extended Care.
In addition, please be aware of the following information:
- Extended Care begins on the first day of school, Thursday, August 17, 2017.
The program runs on regular school days from Monday through Friday 3:10 pm to 4:45 pm.
- On “early dismissal days”, Extended Care begins at 1:30 pm and ends at 4:45 pm.
Please note that on these days your child must be picked up at the school in person since the last bus leaves the school at 1:40 pm. Early dismissal days are noted in the online school calendar and will be announced via Wednesday Mail.
- The pick-up time on “regular school days” is at 4:45 pm at the cafeteria entrance, main building. A grace period of 15 minutes (4:45 pm- 5:00 pm) will be granted. Pick-ups after 5:00 pm will be subject to a late fee. (GISW-Late Fee Policy)
Students who take the bus, leave the school at 4:50 pm.
- Should your child not be able to participate in Extended Care on any given day, please inform us well in advance. Last-minute decisions concerning non-participation also need to be communicated to avoid worrisome searches for your child all around the school grounds along with involved notifications procedures. Please send an email to:
- You can find Extended Care in the Upper School of the GISW, Room 121 (main room)
- How to reach us:
- “Welcome Night” will be held on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 in the main building. You will find the Extended Care Team in room 121.
Elementary School Principal: Monika Rodrigues, firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Care Coordinator: Heike Berghausen, email@example.com
We look forward to a new school year and successful cooperation with you!
Your Extended Care Team
Heike Berghausen Sandra Granzin Gevork Devoyans