Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
This page will be updated as information changes. Latest update: 3/30/2020 1:00 p.m.
March 30, 2020: Gov. Larry Hogan issued a stay-at-home order for Marylanders which means no one should leave their home for any reason other than essential work, to get food or other fundamental reason. The order takes effect at 8 pm.
For the GISW this means:
1. All GISW buildings will be closed for the foreseeable future.
2. In order to give our teachers and parents more time to prepare for the stay-at-home order, we are postponing both parent nights that were scheduled for tonight to Thursday at the same time.
- Maryland Coronavirus website
- Maryland Unites website
- News from Governor Hogan
- Maryland State Department of Education
GISW is committed to keeping our community safe, healthy, and informed. Please check this page for updated information on COVID-19 (formerly known as the 2019-nCoV coronavirus). Students and employees, please see the school nurse if you need medical assistance.
Please see the list of emails below. One was added on March 22, 2020 about distance learning at the Elementary School.
- Avoid contact with those who are ill, if possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Hand sanitizing stations are located in all campus academic, residential and administration buildings.
- Cough into your sleeve or a tissue, not directly into your hands, and discard tissue immediately.
- Avoid touching your face both when you are ill and when healthy.
- Avoid sharing food, utensils, cups, and water bottles.
WTOP School Closings: https://wtop.com/closings-and-delays/
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html