Cooperation Program of Elementary School and Grades 5-12
This program students in a smooth transition from the Elementary to the Upper School. It is constantly being reviewed and improved by faculty and administrators.
Highlights of the Cooperation Program include:
- Teachers from the Upper School spend time with the students in the classroom, starting in the second half of the 4th Grade.
- Pedagogic Conferences with participants from both the Elementary and the Upper School, in which didactic and student-related issues are discussed.
- An Information Evening for parents of future 5th-Graders, the first year of the Upper School.
- Science Instruction for 4th-Graders, conducted by Science teachers from the Elementary School as well as the Upper School.
- A Spelling Bee for Grades 3-6.
- A Reading Aloud Competition in which students from the 3rd and 5th Grade team up against students from the 4th and 6th Grade.
- A School Subject Market - The “Market of Possibilities” - for the 4th-Grade students to see and learn about the different classes offered in the Upper School. Students from the 5th Grade set up information booths to introduce and explain the classes.
- An Art Exhibit for Grades 3-6.
The Coordinators of the Program meet twice a year to evaluate and update the program as needed.
Cooperation program 4/5 Elementary School
Coordinator of the Orientation Level